The censorship-industrial complex surges into overdrive ahead of the 2024 White House race.
This really resonates with me, thank you! It’s clear that anyone trying to save this bastion of liberty needs to pay close attention to which and what is suffering the vilest, most sustained attacks by the left.
Claremont, Trump, Musk, Libs of TikTok, Moms for Liberty, Latin Mass attendees, Mike Lindell, big families, strong Dads, MAGA people are more examples of who’s getting under the left’s craw and in their shoes . What are they saying, doing or writing? Why is the left so threatened by it?
Figure that out, then go out and do more of that. Lots more. Being a target is a lot less worrying if you have company.
"That goal, to deconstruct the administrative state, is hardly a sinister secret--it’s explicitly at the core of Claremont’s mission."
A most admirable and necessary goal.
What a reprehensible bunch of Leftist scum.
Back in the good old days when we still tried to have a dialogue with our decidedly left-leaning adult daughter, I provided her with a commentary from Claremont (Review of Books) to which we subscribe. She countered with the sage notion that it was obviously far right-wing and not to be trusted or believed … and then tossed out her own offering from a trustworthy (to her) news source… Teen Vogue. She’s 44 years old. My youngest. Where did I go wrong????
excellent piece, and bravo and thanks, jordan, for partnering with Chris Brunet who's one of my very favorite substack writers and investigative journalists. well done to both of you.
> Linker’s lamentation over Claremont's mission exemplifies a recurring theme in the recent media onslaught: nervousness and frustration regarding Claremont's intentions to destroy the administrative state.
You'd almost think the administrative state doesn't want to be destroyed.
It should be noted that the number of people Claremont proposes bringing into the government as replacements is still considerably less than the number of Clinton “spokespeople”, “advisors”, and “lawyers”.
It's almost impossible to overstate how sloppy and, frankly, stupid this is: it starts by saying it doesn't matter who Jason Wilson is, then asserts with absolutely no evidence that "he’s the tip of the spear in what appears to be a coordinated smear campaign."
This nobody is the tip of a global conspiracy! And Radley Balko is in on it! (Seriously, what kind of doofus would suggest that Balko is working with Antifa -- which, as every mildly informed person understands, isn't even a group.)
Of course Brunet has to lie about Trump's nakedly authoritarian plan to gut the civil service and fill it with lickspittles. However, I will give Brunet credit for admitting he stands by intellectually challenged authoritarian like Eastman.
This is a piece by and for people who can't or won't think.
breitbart and wfb unilaterally hamstringing themselves by cancelling Pedro was just another own-goal for conservatives
you can't blame Antefa for that
Cry me a river. The Conservative victimhood narrative is so 2003.
Claremont Colleges are superior schools and very selective in admissions. Top Five Liberal Arts colleges. Research them!
These silly adolescent polemicist are way out of line.
They could not get into Harvey Mudd or any of the Claremont schools.
End of story.
I'd be curious to read Schachtel's take on Gonzalez's private comments.
I give myself headaches internally debating the right and wrong of supporting (or vilifying) individuals with whom I agree 90% but also say crap the other 10%.
Were I the Claremont Institute, or any such target, I'd *highlight* these articles by these clowns and proudly state "if you want to know more about us and our mission, well, nobody can put it as plainly as these fine folks. We are indeed their enemy and intend to undo all their evil works." Put links right on their pages directing people to go read the Lefty rants as marketing material. "Anything that drives a Leftist this nuts is probably a good idea."
Yes, an “antifascist “ with his face COVERED. Nope.
After everything I've learned, or been exposed to, over the last 7 years I can never get away from the idea that the 'Administrative State', CIA, Military complex, etc are, one or more, always behind these smear efforts of anyone in Trump World, on the edges of Trump World, or on Trump himself. All of that unaccounted for money that ends up just 'missing' from the Defense budget, the Ukraine budget, and all of the generic programs written into the budget with $billions to spend is what they launder into making these smear projects very profitable for the merchants of this disinformation. You can't change my mind
I was taken aback to read Radley Balko’s name lumped together with Antifa, progressive authoritarians, and big government, surveillance statists. I have read a Radley for years in Reason magazine and related publishers and have never detected any tendency toward ideologies you suggest. Show your proofs.